Thursday, April 7, 2011

Reason Why I'm Writing

      Hello my name is Cody Lewis. I was born in Dayton Ohio and I have never really lived anywhere else. I often find that many people I encounter are unsatisfied with living here. I do not quite understand this sentiment because I have lived in this city my entire life and I am constantly discovering new people, places, and ways to entertain myself. When people complain about living in Dayton, I like to think that they are simply not looking hard enough.
       We live in an extremely diverse city with a lot of different things to do for entertainment.  The other day, me and a friend were sitting at the park and he said (as I've heard a thousand times before) "There's nothing to do in this town, we need to move to California or something." So I asked him if he had ever been to any of the art galleries in the Oregon District, and he told me he hadn't. We ended up spending the day going to several galleries and had a great time.
     There have been many days like this. And many times when I have had to come up with things for me and my friends to do , outside of something normal like going to the movies or going out to eat. It almost seems to me as if people want to be bored, or that they would rather complain than go out and experience all the great things that this city and the sourrounding area has to offer.
      Which brings me to this blog and my reasons for writing it. I want to give anyone who reads this the opportunity to read about some of the great things in Dayton that I feel often go overlooked. So while this entry is only an introduction, in my next entry I'll be writing about something or someone I found in our community that I feel you should know about. I'll also be taking pictures to further illustrate some of these things.

4 comments:

  1. Hey.. I really liked your post. Not sure your background works with the subject, though. Maybe try and find something more evocative of your theme. Good work! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job giving an explanation of what is the driving froce behind your blog. I would recommend to add spacing in-between your paragraphs. Good Introductory post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the clarity and flow of this introductory post. I am looking forward to future ones=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the writing style. Your explication about your blog is quite interesting and captivating. I think you have done a great job in catching the reader's attention to keep coming back to read your blog... I don't know, Tony. I think the background goes well with the blog theme!

    ReplyDelete