Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sunday Funday

      Most people dont realize that Dayton has a pretty lively electronic music scene. Be it The Vex, Therapy Cafe, or any of the warehouses down by front street, I've always really liked going to these places to listen to drum and bass, house and dubstep. You can imagine how excited I was when I recently found out that there is a place where this kind of thing goes on outdoors every week.
      The event is known as Sunday Funday and it happens every Sunday night at 7 o clock at the Garden Center Station on the corner of Wayne and Fourth. The admission fee is only $1 and and it goes on every week unless it is raining. The music can sometimes end up going late into the night. You really can't be this price because many places that do this kind of thing will charge you five dollars at the door.
     I haven't been to the event myself yet but I was informed about it from a friend who told me that he went and saw some really good DJ's there and he invited me to go with him next week. I pretty sure I will be in attendance and  I will try to take some pictures to edit this post with.
      The music is a variety of styles and around 4 or 5 djs play each night. My friend also told me that there are all kinds of displays the dancers put on that  range from hula hooping to fire spitting. But if you want to go be sure to bring some glow sticks. I do apologize for the shortness of this entry and promise I will have more pictures and information of the event next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment